Sunday, July 6, 2008

New NORMA JEAN Has Singing?



So, NORMA JEAN have posted two new songs on their official Myspace Page and there is a lot of mixed feedback on one of the two songs. Thats typical given the utter fact, the band spawns from the idea of bending frequencies and implementing an unorthodox rhythmic drum patter while screaming like an emo kid with a paper cut on his pecker. Now, I like Noisecore but in all honesty Norma Jean sucked at it. Seriously, I saw them on the 2005 Sounds of the Underground tour and I wanted to grab the closest Emocore kid and ask them for the wrist cutting instructions I've seen all over the internet. It was horrible. I really lost all urges to listen to them ever again. Until now.

I read an article on some site talking about how shitty the band sounded now and how NORMA JEAN are the newest sellouts for acquiring a melodic vocal to their sound. So, of course, I had to check it out. And I FUCKING LOVED IT.

"Robots 3 Humans 0" and "Birth of The Anti-Mother" are structured and sound fucking good. There is so much Melody placed through out each song, it sounds like a completely different band. On the first song, "Robots 3 Humans 0" it sounds like they've been getting musical advice from HE IS LEGEND; it sold me. So then on to the next song, "Birth of The Anti-Mother"; its the edger of the two with hits of a mathy MAYLENE AND THE SONS OF DISASTER and ION DISSONANCE. It sounds like a take off of their 2006 release "Redeemer". So fucking good. I am very much so looking forward to hearing the rest of the release. "The Anti-Mother" comes out August 5th through SOLID STATE RECORDS.

Make sure you check it out. Don't playa hate, fuck trends, be your self and like what you like...don't belittle just because its not brutal enough. Give it a chance, it may help you out some way.

No comments: